If you’re on a budget and want a quick and easy meal, chili con carne and rice is a great delicious choice.
You can make your own sauce but I’ve chosen to buy it ready made in a jar this time.
Chili con carne and rice is a tasty meal for all your family.
I’ve just given it to my toddler and he loved it!
What Ingredients Do You Need?
Chili con carne sauce in a jar (I used uncle bens hot Mexican this time, their are a variety of different brands and levels of spice)
A can of Red kidney beans in chili sauce
Rice (this time I choose uncle bens express family size long grain rice)
75ml of water
(1) Switch on your gas /elec hob.
(2) Add a small amount of cooking oil to the wok, then add the mince beef.
(3) Cook the mince beef until brown (approximately 15 minutes) Stir occasionally.
(4) Empty the jar of sauce into the wok
(5) Then add the red chili beans in with the mince beef and sauce. Stir occasionally.
(6) While this is cooking, it’s time to do the rice. Add 75ml of water into saucepan and bring to the boil.
(7) Add the rice into the saucepan and simmer for 3-4 minutes
(8) I let the chili con carne continue to cook while preparing the plates/bowls.
(9) Then serve the rice and chili con carne.
Eat and enjoy!